Discussing the most maddening news.

HomePortal 2 SpcWthCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Other Outlets
. . . . . . . . .

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of MaddeningNews on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

Interplanetary Shock Wave??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Em18966

PostSubject: Interplanetary Shock Wave??   Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:45 am

Saw this on Spaceweather.com and thought I'd share. Anyone have any ideas what may have caused the interplanetary shock wave that stirred up some beautiful auroras?? I think it's pretty strange that no one seems to know where the energy originated...

Quote :
The source of the display was an interplanetary shock wave, which hit Earth's magnetic field during the late hours of May 31st. Forecasters still aren't sure where the shock wave came from. Current speculation focuses on a corotating interaction region (CIR)-a shock-like transition zone between slow and fast streams of solar wind. Whatever it was, the impact ignited some beautiful auroras.

http://spaceweather.com/
Back to top Go down
The Professor

PostSubject: Re: Interplanetary Shock Wave??   Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:02 am

I've created a 'portal' to the forum to see the Sun's ─▒nput...

Not sure if that accounts for all of the energy - but should be worth monitoring?!

http://maddeningnews.englishboard.net/portal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Searching for answers, finding more questions.
Back to top Go down

Interplanetary Shock Wave??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MaddeningNews :: Earth and Space (EQs and Sun activity) (Tech, Planets, Asteroids, etc)-
Jump to: