Discussing the most maddening news.

HomePortal 2 SpcWthCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Other Outlets
. . . . . . . . .

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of MaddeningNews on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

Jury sides with teacher fired by Catholic school after artificial insemination

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Em18966

PostSubject: Jury sides with teacher fired by Catholic school after artificial insemination   Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:38 am

So I heard about this story the other day - prior to a decision being reached in the case. And I have to say that I'm a little surprised and disappointed by how it all played out. I'm all for equality in the workplace and such, but this woman was working for a private Catholic institution and knew the rules going in. It's not like she was working at the DMV. Anyway, she won, and they're paying her out quite a little bit of cash.
Quote :

A Roman Catholic archdiocese in Ohio must pay nearly $200,000 to a teacher who alleged she was fired after school officials learned she became pregnant through artificial insemination, a federal jury decided on Monday.

Former computer instructor Christa Dias said she was removed from her post by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Cincinnati in October 2010 after she told her superiors about her pregnancy.

She Wins Her Case
Back to top Go down

Jury sides with teacher fired by Catholic school after artificial insemination
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MaddeningNews :: General Discussion-
Jump to: