Discussing the most maddening news.

HomePortal 2 SpcWthCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Other Outlets
. . . . . . . . .

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of MaddeningNews on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

Approaching Asteroid Has Its Own Moon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Em18966

PostSubject: Approaching Asteroid Has Its Own Moon    Fri May 31, 2013 12:22 am

One of the biggest science stories of the day is that it has been discovered that 1998 QE2 is a binary asteroid - i.e., it has it's own little 'moon.' A lot of people are freaking themselves out about this, pulling out the Nibiru word and stuff, but it seems like it's not uncommon for these big asteroids to have little satellites. It will be making its closest pass tomorrow, so we'll see what the what pretty soon Smile

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2013/30may_asteroidmoon/

Last edited by Em18966 on Fri May 31, 2013 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Professor

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Asteroid Has Its Own Moon    Fri May 31, 2013 12:43 am

This is brilliant - I just saw this a few minutes ago and was going to post tomorrow.

I've always thought this was possible - now it looks like the evidence will support many people's suppositions over the years.

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Searching for answers, finding more questions.
Back to top Go down
Em18966

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Asteroid Has Its Own Moon    Fri May 31, 2013 12:48 am

It's cool to see how much we DON'T know about what we think we know LOL - I'll see if I can find a live feed of this thing whizzing by tomorrow, I'm sure there will be at least a couple...
Back to top Go down
The Professor

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Asteroid Has Its Own Moon    Fri May 31, 2013 12:51 am

Indeed - we are making scientific breakthroughs at an exponencial rate over the last few years - what with particles that should effect NOTHING effecting something that should not be effected by ANYTHING!

Cool times!

(Link fixed btw)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Searching for answers, finding more questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Approaching Asteroid Has Its Own Moon    

Back to top Go down

Approaching Asteroid Has Its Own Moon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MaddeningNews :: Earth and Space (EQs and Sun activity) (Tech, Planets, Asteroids, etc)-
Jump to: