Discussing the most maddening news.

HomePortal 2 SpcWthCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Other Outlets
. . . . . . . . .

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of MaddeningNews on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

WELCOME to the Maddening News!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Munchaab
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Thu May 30, 2013 10:32 pm

OK, It appears the bulk of the tasks of getting this place up and running are done - some major changes of software versions are done and the buttons and customisations now seem stable.

I hope you find the features, links and format useful, pleasing to the eye and easy to navigate.
If you do have any problems or suggestions please drop a message into this thread.

The Rules:

Be nice, grown-up, intelligent and civil... Childishness, insults, ad hominem rebuttal and incivility are features of other forums but are NOT acceptable here.

This is primarily a site to discuss the most maddening news - especially the stories the MSM (Main Stream Media) are allowing/helping to slip from public conciousness before it has been investigated/debated sufficiently.

Expect stories that will challenge the 'official story' or will debate in more depth about stories thought to be too 'riské' - speculation is encouraged as this can often lead to truth - if you think someone is 'reaching too far' then you can disagree (politely) and leave them to their 'woo' - this forum does not want pages of personal difference arguments, we want pages of intelligent and erudite arguments backed up with links to supporting materials/videos/books/news stories etc.

At this time:
Guests can read only.
Members can reply to topics, vote in polls and post new topics in the 'General discussion' category.
Reporters (as Members) but can start stories in most categories.
Editors (as Reporters) but can 'Pin' stories and a few other things beneficial to the forum.
Moderators - will move Members' stories to the appropriate category if they are threads beyond 'General Discussion'.
(Reporters, Editors etc are by invitation following a good posting history)

If conversation within a thread is leading 'off topic', I ask that you make the decision to take the conversation to the 'Chat Box' (bottom of the page for logged in members only) or start a new thread in the 'General Discussion' category.

If you start a thread (or see that someone else has) that should be in another category please use the report button and state your thoughts - this will get the Mods attention to move threads earlier.

If you see abusive/offensive comments, threats or even juvenile stupidity - again please use the report feature so that it can be dealt with as quickly as possible.

Moderators may not always carry out the actions that you wish and may not always be available - please be patient and realise that we will try our best.

I hope that this site will grow in numbers (of the right people) and that much fun will be had by all. I hope that friendships blossom and social interaction with like-minded (or at least equal/tolerant minded) will be possible - but above all, I hope we can intellectually interact, 'thrashing out' truths and links in/around/from/under news, current affairs, history, science and environmental stories that are 'buried' elsewhere.

I welcome you all and look forward to the developments that will occur here as time goes by!

Please don't forget to say hi and let me know of suggestions or problems.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://maddeningnews.englishboard.net
Munchaab
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Fri May 31, 2013 7:02 pm

BREAKING!!!

This just in... Smile

For the time being (at least) Everyone (yes even guests) will be welcome to post in the 'General discussion' category.

Please play nicely remembering this is primarily a News forum - I have decided not to 'pre-judge' posts by new people (based on experience from other sites and forums) - Maddening News will take each post as it comes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't know everything, I know just enough to know that I know nothing - which is just a little more than those who think they know anything!"
Back to top Go down
Munchaab
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:56 pm

If you are interested in 'spaceweather' and Solar activity then please check out the new 'Portal'...

Click the 'Portal' button in the NavBar or click this link:
http://maddeningnews.englishboard.net/portal

"I don't know everything, I know just enough to know that I know nothing - which is just a little more than those who think they know anything!"
Back to top Go down
SummGuy

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Admin wrote:
If you are interested in 'spaceweather' and Solar activity then please check out the new 'Portal'...

Hey. trbtjrjq
Seeing as so many places seem to be on the brink, disappearing or infested, it's nice to see new sites come around.

This is a nice looking site. Unique compared to others. Very easy on the eyes.

Anyway. Been around for a while, on Earth, I mean. Family, gainfully employed in Quality Control, a voter, whether it does any good or not, I'm still on the fence. Don't believe in entitlements or handouts unless you really need it. I believe everyone has to be responsible to and for themselves first.

Almost thought 12/21/12 might be legit, now except for the weather and EQ's, I just face palm most doom. I think the cycles of the planet are much longer than the 150 or so years that man has been keeping records. So what's happening is just part of the longer cycles that we have no clue of what's coming. 4 billion years of Earth vs what... 50,000 for humans? Nah, we have no clue.

More of an agnostic than anything, maybe there is a higher power, but if there is a benevolent "entity" full of goodness etc, why is there so much pain, hate, greed and lack. Doesn't make sense. Why so much killing & slaying enemies in the good book or in other religions? Wouldn't our creator want us all fat and happy, fed and sheltered?? And don't give me the "free will" BS. This shouldn't be a test. Man created the fear to control the masses. But if you truly believe and take solace in those beliefs, I will not protest or mock your feelings. They are yours and yours alone, it is not my right to pass judgment on you. I would expect the same towards me.

Why would we be the only intelligent life in the universe? What a waste of space if that is true. We are merely a spec of dust. Time & distance is a manmade reference point. Who really knows the truth? I just want to see some concrete, tangible proof that we are not alone. Not blurry pictures, unsteady video footage or Bashir being channeled thru some actor's brother for the price of a entry pass.

OK. That's pretty much me in a nutshell.

So, to any one here or coming - Hello! cheers
Back to top Go down
Munchaab
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:41 pm

SummGuy wrote:
Admin wrote:

Hey. trbtjrjq
Seeing as so many places seem to be on the brink, disappearing or infested, it's nice to see new sites come around.

This is a nice looking site. Unique compared to others. Very easy on the eyes.

Anyway. Been around for a while, on Earth, I mean. Family, gainfully employed in Quality Control, a voter, whether it does any good or not, I'm still on the fence. Don't believe in entitlements or handouts unless you really need it. I believe everyone has to be responsible to and for themselves first.

Almost thought 12/21/12 might be legit, now except for the weather and EQ's, I just face palm most doom. I think the cycles of the planet are much longer than the 150 or so years that man has been keeping records. So what's happening is just part of the longer cycles that we have no clue of what's coming. 4 billion years of Earth vs what... 50,000 for humans? Nah, we have no clue.

More of an agnostic than anything, maybe there is a higher power, but if there is a benevolent "entity" full of goodness etc, why is there so much pain, hate, greed and lack. Doesn't make sense. Why so much killing & slaying enemies in the good book or in other religions? Wouldn't our creator want us all fat and happy, fed and sheltered?? And don't give me the "free will" BS. This shouldn't be a test. Man created the fear to control the masses. But if you truly believe and take solace in those beliefs, I will not protest or mock your feelings. They are yours and yours alone, it is not my right to pass judgment on you. I would expect the same towards me.

Why would we be the only intelligent life in the universe? What a waste of space if that is true. We are merely a spec of dust. Time & distance is a manmade reference point. Who really knows the truth? I just want to see some concrete, tangible proof that we are not alone. Not blurry pictures, unsteady video footage or Bashir being channeled thru some actor's brother for the price of a entry pass.

OK. That's pretty much me in a nutshell.

So, to any one here or coming - Hello! cheers

I could not have said that better myself - WELCOME to MaddeningNews...

The Solar 'Portal' is to see what is happening NOW not to make some prediction of the future - I like to see the dynamics of our Solar system unfold in as real-time as we can - that is the purpose of the 'Portal' - nothing more...

I agree, that if a benevolent being is watching over then we should see less hate, less suffering, less stupid wars...
I will allow for others to postulate their ideas - but this will not become a site that allows for paradigm confused delusionists to 'preach' their ideologies!

I hope for this site to be open to ALL when ALL includes only those who are 'open' to their ideas being subjected to scrutiny...

WELCOME again - I think you will be a great poster here!

Back to top Go down
SummGuy

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:04 am

Thanks. I'm looking forward to the growth of the site.

I can pretty much assure you that was the only time you'll see me touch on the religion topic.
EQ's, solar / cosmic stuff maybe, weather, newsworthy events, minor computer issues, common sense from my POV, things that peak my interest.

Never a "I just XXXX'd, axe me a question" or other such drivel.
I try to not be a pest, an agitator or in a hurry to have the most number of posts.

I like the fact that everyone has to be accountable to their name here.
Back to top Go down
Munchaab
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:57 am

As I have had little time to post news topics, I have decided to open all forums for new topics to all members...

Guests can only start new topics in the 'General discussion' but can reply to any thread.

I'm still working behind the scenes, so if you see a story that should be here for discussion - old or new - then feel free to post it...

I'll try to post up more as I can - it will help people find us to join the 'party' Smile

Back to top Go down
Munchaab
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:49 am

This site should now be 'Mobile-Friendly' - please let me know if there are problems!

pumpkin1

Back to top Go down
DaJavoo

PostSubject: W00T!!!   Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Nice to see your site up and running, Kedi!!! 

All the Best from the C&B!!!
Back to top Go down
Upgrayedd

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:50 pm

wouhou  Nice site Munch.  Just joined up.  Hey everyone!!!

Still a pimp.
Back to top Go down
Munchaab
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Hi Upgrayedd, Hi Daj...

Glad you both could join us - nice to have you here.

I'm still working on features 'under the hood' at the moment so keep checking in to watch this place develop...

And of course feel free to drop any stories/topics of interest for discussion.

rlqcmbpt

Back to top Go down
Tryph

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:30 am

Hi everyone ~ very nice place Munchie, pleased to be here. cheers
Really like the subject sub-forums. I am a librarian so it sets well with me. study
Back to top Go down
MD

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:34 am

Hi Munch

A kedi just for you

Back to top Go down
Munchaab
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi Tryph - glad you could join us!
jlrkhfjd

I'm glad you like the categories idea - it may be a little more complicated than some forums at first
but I hope with time it will help those with particular interests to not have to wade through other topics.

As things (hopefully) get busier, I also hope it will help to keep relevant topics of interest near the top of the appropriate sub-forum!

Again nice to see you and WELCOME to all new members!

Smiles_and_kisses

Back to top Go down
Munchaab
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm still moving things around and trying to improve stuff - but another Portal is now usable...

You can find it from the drop-down 'Resources' menu (same as the solar-weather portal)

Or you can use this link:
http://maddeningnews.englishboard.net/portal?pid=5

Let me know if you notice any problems - different browsers behave differently - an upto date version of FireFox seems to work best!

Portal is Live TV news and latest headline tweets from the major news outlets...

Should help in bringing the information all under one roof which is part of my reason for creating this site!

This is just the latest update - more to come!

desgksop

Back to top Go down
Munchaab
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Another Portal Goes Live...   Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:22 am

Another Portal is now live - subject to change but usable:

All the latest headlines in one place with a viewer screen to open the full story should you want to...

As with the other Portals you can access from the 'Resources' drop-down menu in the 'Nav-Bar' (top of the page)...

Or you can click this link:
http://maddeningnews.englishboard.net/portal?pid=3

Enjoy - more to come!

cheers 

Back to top Go down
Munchaab
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:31 pm

The resources menu (top-left of each screen) will not work on some pages!

If there is 'active content' below the menu it will not function (for some reason) - please go back to
the home page (click the banner) and it will work there...

I am writing/adapting a floating menu which may work better - but it may take me a while to complete
and upload - please bare with it!

I will (in time) replace (or add to) the 'Other Outlets' widget to enable better navigation to this site's portal pages!

I am seeing a few people are browsing the forum each time I look - that is nice and increasing...
I hope to start creating some topics to discuss soon (but I spend most of my time 'tweaking' settings and adding features) if you see/have any stories you'd like to discuss please post them...

I know discussion will be slow at first - but - if we post it they will come and 'readers' are up in numbers already.
I hope you will see things as I do - comments are not needed to feed my ego, views are needed to satisfy my aim!

As time goes by I hope that this forum will put the INTELLIGENT discussion on the news that is lacking from the MSM - maybe we will even be investigative? We know the MSM no longer does much
of that!

Smiles_and_kisses 

Back to top Go down
Munchaab
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:32 am

The Multi Screen Portal now has live updates from twitter...

On the right are the main news outlets latest tweets...
On the left are the latest updates from Syria...

I will add more Syria 'Tweeters' as I find useful ones or as they are suggested to me.

The multi news screen will now all work at once but you will need to mute which ever
you don't want to hear.

Enjoy!

sunny 

Back to top Go down
Aces

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:08 am

I like this place bounce
Back to top Go down
Heh

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:34 pm

K. I am posting my intent to register here :flowers: -DE
Back to top Go down
Munchaab
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:55 am

Aces wrote:
I like this place bounce
Hi Aces - glad you like it!
pumpkin1 

Heh wrote:
K. I am posting my intent to register here :flowers: -DE
Welcome, I hope to see more of you soon.

popcorn 

Back to top Go down
Roxi

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:34 am

Thanks for the invite Munch! And nice to see several familiar faces. cheers 

Looking forward to figuring the site out so I can know where to go, get in and get out!
Great looking site, easy on the eyes! Smile
Back to top Go down
Munchaab
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Roxi wrote:
Thanks for the invite Munch! And nice to see several familiar faces. cheers 

Looking forward to figuring the site out so I can know where to go, get in and get out!
Great looking site, easy on the eyes! Smile
Nice to see you Roxi. jlrkhfjd 

With multiple forums it can be hard to navigate - very little traffic so far so little will change visit to visit (just yet).

BUT, if you are logged in the colour-coded buttons will show which forum/thread has new messages since your last visit.

There are a few things (visuals and functions) that I want to change - as I get time - but working on a web-hosting for file-share at the moment.

Having zero web-tech skills makes things a slow progress (steep learning curve) but at least when I have free time I always have something to do...

Again, nice to see you.

smiley_into_heart 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME to the Maddening News!   

Back to top Go down

WELCOME to the Maddening News!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MaddeningNews :: General Discussion-
Jump to: